Wednesday, September 3, 2008

I Built a Bat Trap


It was a fine Saturday morning at the Quirk house hold; quite... peaceful. This morning there were no cursing neighbors, no barking dogs, no screaming kids, all of which are common sights and sounds on Brett Road, even in the morning.
I was up early for a change and Matt was still at prayer. I felt rested and went downstairs to have a bowl of my favorite knock-off brand cereal ABC's. I am to cheep to buy Lucky Charms! After adding 10 grams of fat to my cereal AKA whole milk, I decided to sit in the living room. When I finished eating I just sat and rocked in my chair because I knew I had sometime before I needed to get ready for work. I was just looking around the room and thinking to myself when I saw something. I saw something black. I saw something black sitting on the "Wood Plus" project that I spent many hours and at least $50 making for my 3-D art class. I didn't want to stand up for a better view knowing that what I had seen in the attic a few weeks early that sent me booking down the stairs was exactly what I was seeing sitting on my prized "Wood Plus" project (that story will be another blog entry). IT WAS A BAT!
"Hummm" I thought to myself..."good morning fine friend and thanks for visiting". I looked, and looked again. Then I had the gall to take a picture. I sent Matt a text message telling him we had an additional mantel decoration this morning. He asked me if I was going to get a bag or something. I told him I was hoping he would do that! So I got ready for work, checking the status of my friend to make sure he was comfortable each time I passed by. I turns out Matt likes bats less than I do, so Tim came over. They rapped a bag around my project and carried it outside, then used a stick to push the bat off. Apparently the bat was alive and injured. It was reported to have a hole in its wing. The neighbor children took interest in the bat, asking if it was a frog, and then it disappeared,like my tulip's (which is also another blog story to be told).

No comments: