AfterDisclaimer: these are not original photos.
It's been five years...since the last time I killed something. It was a squirrel. It was winter. It was a narrow road, and I couldn’t swerve. But last night, last night I hit a opossum.
I was driving down Basket Road. It was dark and I was pretending to be a better singer than I can, and all of the sudden there she was standing in the middle of my lane looking right at me! I screamed, but it was to late.
I thought you could all share in my sorrow and guilt. I prayed for the opossum that it’s death would be quick and that God would have mercy on his creation. That was all I could do; I had already done enough.
I must admit the slight relief I found while looking for these photos to share with you. I saw many hissing opossums, some ugly ones too, and I started to get grossed out by looking at them because I was trying to eat lunch.
It's been five years...since the last time I killed something. It was a squirrel. It was winter. It was a narrow road, and I couldn’t swerve. But last night, last night I hit a opossum.
I was driving down Basket Road. It was dark and I was pretending to be a better singer than I can, and all of the sudden there she was standing in the middle of my lane looking right at me! I screamed, but it was to late.
I thought you could all share in my sorrow and guilt. I prayed for the opossum that it’s death would be quick and that God would have mercy on his creation. That was all I could do; I had already done enough.
I must admit the slight relief I found while looking for these photos to share with you. I saw many hissing opossums, some ugly ones too, and I started to get grossed out by looking at them because I was trying to eat lunch.
It was an accident, what more can I say?

2 comments:
You are very nice to care for the oppossum. And I hope that hitting it doesn't curb your enthusiasm for pretending you can sing better in the future :). I pretend that too. I hit one once and did not care! I was young and someone in the car said you are going to hit that opposum, but seriously he said that at the beginning of the road and I hit it at the end of the road. How did he know? And I didn't slow down b/c I didn't think I would hit it and as I said before I didn't really care!
poor lisa....i would feel bad too but only if flesh from the oppossum clung to the bottom of my car and created a stink in the warm weather!!! LOL
Post a Comment